What steps must I take as a mobile home owner before selling, moving or trading in a mobile home?

•Bring the title or registration to the Treasurer's office.
•We will research and examine for taxes, penalties, and interest that must be paid in full, including the Current Year Taxes (One-Year-In-Advance) on the mobile home.
•If moving, there is a $10 fee for Single-Wide and a $20 for Double-wide mobile homes and we will need the address information of where the mobile home is being moved to.
•If being sold or trading, we will need the new owner's name and mailing address so they can be correctly be billed.
•If mobile home is paid in full, including the Current Year Taxes, We will issue a tax release to you to take to NM M.V.D. to transfer title or update their information.
•Once the title is transferred, you must take the new title to the McKinley County Assessor's office to update their records and complete the process. If moving, you will need to take the title and report to the County Assessor that the mobile home is moving to.
•If you have any questions, please contact our Mobile Home Technician at (505) 722-4459 ext. 1062.

Mobile Home Tax Release Online Request

Show All Answers

1. What steps must I take as a mobile home owner before selling, moving or trading in a mobile home?
2. What if I don’t have a title or registration for my Mobile Home and I need tax clearance?
3. Do I still need to pay current year taxes if the mobile home is staying in the same location but only the name is changing on the title?
4. What steps must I take to change the status of my manufactured home from personal property to real property (taxed as a permanent structure)?
5. I have a manufactured home. In order to refinance it and the land it sits on, I was told by the finance company that I must deactivate the title. If this is so, what do I have to do?
6. Who is responsible for property taxes when a mobile home owner rents the property or the lot?
7. Do I still pay current taxes if my Mobile Home is destructible and I have not lived in it this year?
8. Why are County Treasurers selling mobile homes?
9. How many years of delinquent taxes must be owed before the county treasurer can sell a mobile home?
10. What gives the County Treasurer's Office the authority to cross into private property to serve a demand warrant for the delinquent taxes when the property owner is not home?
11. If I did not receive a tax bill, how do I know that I owe taxes on my mobile home?
12. What types of payment are accepted at public auction sales?
13. What determines the amount of the minimum bid on a mobile home?
14. Are there additional fees at M.V.D. when I take the paperwork over there?
15. Where are the Delinquent Mobile Home Tax Auctions held?
16. When does the county treasurer's office conduct delinquent mobile home tax sales?
17. How can an interested purchaser bid on mobile homes offered at tax sales?
18. Does the county treasurer's office provide interested purchasers with title information (deeds, mortgage, liens etc.) before a tax sale?
19. If I’m trading in my Mobile Home, who pays the current tax year? Does the Mobile Home Dealer or I?
20. Is there a right of redemption for former owners?
21. Where can I find copies of the Motor Vehicle Code or the Property Tax Code?
22. I sold my mobile home, why am I still getting a tax bill?